Gases in divelist

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 08:27:51 PDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 5:22 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> writes:
>
>> On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 8:11 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> The bookmark comes with a heading?
>>
>> Not for me it doesn't. A "bookmark" is without a heading, there's a
>> separate notion of a heading (which is the same as a bookmark but
>> *does* have a heading).
>
> So my guess is that DM4 combines them into the same.
> libdivecomputer uses SAMPLE_EVENT_HEADING instead.
>
> Sadly, once DM4 has combined the two things into one we can't tell them
> apart anymore (is this a HEADING of 0 or a BOOKMARK without a heading?).

It is actually quite clear in the DB. If there is a heading value, it
is always the heading. Otherwise this field is empty.
sqlite> select * from Mark where DiveId = 305;
DiveId|MarkTime|Type|Heading
305|2076|258|130
305|3341|19|

> Not sure what to do here. My gut feeling would be to say "whatever" and
> just drop the value for bookmarks. What do people think?

I can change the DM4 import to generate a heading event if that is
preferred. Then we would have both bookmark and heading at same time.

miika