Companion app 1.3 released

kraymond at shaiton.org kraymond at shaiton.org
Mon Mar 18 08:50:30 PDT 2013

Le dimanche 17 mars 2013 à 20:45:00 (+0100), Aurélien PRALONG a écrit :
[snip]

> BTW Dirk, is there a transifex project for the companion ? If not, it would
> be great to add it.

Hi Aurélien,

I don't think there is a companion project yet under Transifex.
I can see two ways to include it:
- Adding the files directly to the existing one
- Creating a sub project which will re-use the same translation teams as
  subsurface, which would then be moved as a Hub project.

The first solution will just move all companion files to the existing
page/project. If you have only one file for translators, fine. If not, I
think the second solution is best.
Android applications are supported by Transifex as a file format. See[1],
you will understand it better than me.

The second option, let also define other maintainers and set different
releases per project. It's probably best. We can also think about
creating a subsurface-website subproject in order to translate the
websites (but I don't know any wordpress PO export plugins).

Dirk, If you prefer the second solution, I can help Aurélien creating the
project and help setting the subsurface one as a "Hub". However, I think
we can't register resources under a Hub project. Therefore, we will
probably need to create a subsurface-divelog project which would then
outsource the subsurface translation teams, and add move the existing
translations/resources there.
It wouldn't be too much trouble for the translators.

Aurélien, If you need help to create the Transifex project or upload the
resources, tell me. I can setup this for you, I just need to know which
are the files to give to translators.

[1] http://help.transifex.com/features/formats.html#android-resources

--
Kévin Raymond