Sizing differences between print to file and print to page

Amit Chaudhuri amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 13:20:25 PDT 2013

Hmm.

Inserted

printf("%s: height = %f , width = %f\n",__func__, h, w);

immediately after these two lines in draw_page in print.c.

    w = gtk_print_context_get_width(context)/print_params->w_scale;
    h = gtk_print_context_get_height(context)/print_params->h_scale;

yielding:

draw_page: height = 3.627638 , width = 3.883858
draw_page: height = 3.814304 , width = 4.008858

..for pdf print and direct to page, respectively.

It looks to me as though gtk determines a different context with different
dimensions when printing to file and printing to A4 page.  In both cases my
print dialog shows page size as 297 x 210 mm and scaling = 100%.