Import binary dumps

Jef Driesen jefdriesen at telenet.be
Tue Mar 19 13:38:18 PDT 2013

On 19-03-13 15:40, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> But the "universal xml" that libdivecomputer outputs is actually
> invalid XML. So one thing that you need to do is to make the ldc xml
> be "proper" xml, by surrounding it with a root node (otherwise you'll
> have multiple "dive" nodes at the root level, and libxml will refuse
> to even start parsing it).

I noticed this too.

The output of the universal app was never really intended for consumption by
other applications. It main purpose was/is to produce a human readable output
that I can use during reverse engineering. Because I never tried to parse it
with an xml library, I also never noticed the missing root element.

Anyway, I don't mind adding a root element to turn it into valid xml, if that
makes it a bit more easy to process. Even if that's not the intended purpose :-)

Jef