Ubuntu still shows 1.2

Robert C. Helling helling at atdotde.de
Tue Mar 19 22:57:53 PDT 2013

On Mar 20, 2013, at 5:35 AM, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> Please tell me you are joking. AMD64 is the name of the architecture that Intel calls x86-64, but since AMD came first to market with it that's the name that stuck.
> But most any Intel chip (with the exception of some Atoms) sold in the past five years does happily run AMD64 binaries.

OK, whatever. Sorry it was in the middle of the night (it was just my daughter that thought it would be a great idea to be awake at 4:30am). You are of course right, it's not an AMD/Intel thing but 32/64 bit. In any case, my Linux tmp 3.2.0-4-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 3.2.32-1 i686 GNU/Linux said:

sudo dpkg -i subsurface_3.0.1-1_amd64.deb
dpkg: error processing subsurface_3.0.1-1_amd64.deb (--install):
 package architecture (amd64) does not match system (i386)
 subsurface_3.0.1-1_amd64.deb

So those packages don't work for me and I have to build some myself. But as I said, that turned out not to be too hard: Create a tar ball of the sources and run dpkg-buildpackage from Yannick's directory. If only I knew how to bump that to a more current version I would be happy to provide you with .deb files for all architectures you want to link them from the download page.

Best
Robert

                      Scientific Coordinator
print "Just another   Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm. B339
    stupid .sig\n";   http://www.atdotde.de