Ubuntu still shows 1.2

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Mar 20 10:42:41 PDT 2013

Amit Chaudhuri <amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Guys,
>
> just a thought.  It sounds to me as though we have at least 3 people who
> are close to having packaging working (or really do have it working) on
> Ubuntu & Debian; possibly more people and probably more distros.  There may
> be an issue of availability of boxes with 32/64 bit.  Would it make sense
> to catalogue who has what arch and get everyone base-lined on the
> git/packaging stuff necessary for anyone to package this stuff up? Maybe
> start with the top X Linux distros we want to target and later extend to
> other platforms? Perhaps between us we can get both Dirk and Robert a
> little more sleep ;) [Actually, Robert sounds as though he may have issues
> beyond our control....but you'll get the idea].
>
> I have 64-bit m/c currently running openSUSE 12.2 and Oracle VirtualBox so
> could add OS's to that.

I think for most Linux flavors the best solution is to use THEIR build
service.

We are already on koji (Fedora), openSUSE Build Service (openSUSE),
ArchLinux, Gentoo and a feww others (I need to go through my email to
make sure I have them all listed). We are about to be in Ubuntu 13.04,
because of the Debian freeze we aren't quite there yet for Debian.

At least for Ubuntu by being on THEIR build service I think we could
get people on 12.04 and later easy access to the packages. Not quite
sure about the best approach to do this for Debian users.