Ubuntu PPA

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Mar 22 10:13:29 PDT 2013

Thanks to Miika the launchpad PPA is beginning to populate... so the
naive question from the non-Ubuntu user is... what are the instructions
we should have on the website to tell people how to install these?

Clicking on "technical details" on our launchpad site it says

   This PPA can be added to your system manually by copying the lines below and adding them to your system's software sources.

   deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/subsurface/subsurface/ubuntu precise main
   deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/subsurface/subsurface/ubuntu precise main

Which sounds like people need to figure out how to manually add two
lines as root to some system file... I hope that's not the only way to
do this... I was led to believe that Ubuntu is all about being easy for
the non technical user... what am I missing?