interesting little bug...

Robert C. Helling robert at euve10195.vserver.de
Mon Mar 25 01:33:18 PDT 2013

On 25.03.2013, at 04:31, Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> Yes. We have absolutely no support for that, and it's nontrivial to do.

Maybe I'm missing something. But don't we assume at some point (e.g. gas change events) that we can refer to cylinders via their content (i.e. O2/He permilles)?

To me that suggests that we could proceed as follows: We maintain a per dive list of cylinders referenced by their content (maybe using our gas sorting rules). Upon a merge in question we do a set union (i.e. count each gas only once). And we chage the code such that when we refer to a cylinder we either do that by iterating over the list or by content but never explicitly by index (here the perl programmer is speaking: There I would implement it as a hash with the content as key).

The real probelm is:

subsurface helling$ cat *c|grep -c cylinder
411

Best
Robert