interesting little bug...

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Wed Mar 27 19:10:53 PDT 2013

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 8:09 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> writes:
>
> Here, go be motivated. Same dive. Two tanks. Air and EAN37.
> Air is first on the Uemis, but second on Petrel.

Ok, this kind of does things right.

I say "kind of" because we end up *showing* the result incorrectly. As
far as I can tell, we now merge those two dives correctly, including
renaming the sensor numbers on the Uemis, and all the sensor data is
there when we save it. But it doesn't *show* the two different sensors
correctly for the Uemis after the merge. I think that's a separate
bug, and related to the fact that we've never had a test-case of
actually having multiple different sensors for multiple cylinders, and
the gas-change event we add (because now the "first gas" is actually
the second cylinder) messes things up, and clears the sensor index
data.

But I think the merging is pretty close to right. I'll stop here and
will perhaps look at the sensor index-vs-gaschange issue tomorrow, but
I thought I'd send this out in case somebody else beats me to it.

               Linus