Move to Qt?

Amit Chaudhuri amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 15:37:42 PDT 2013

...oops...hit some key combination that sent too soon...

...I personally believe that Qt is far easier to handle and provides better
behaviour out of the box and is easier to customise than GTK.  However, if
we collectively lack Qt skills a shift from GTK to Qt may not lead to a
major step change in this area.

I am sure that I can contribute more to a Qt-based application than a GTK
based one, but that alone is hardly a compelling reason to make the move.
But this question keeps coming up so I'm willing to put up examples widgets
etc. to nudge things in that direction over time.  I'll happily stick the
treeview example on the web after Easter, for example.

Are there others on this list at the moment with Qt experience?

General thoughts...?

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 10:27 PM, Amit Chaudhuri <amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com