Move to Qt?

Amit Chaudhuri amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 10:21:24 PDT 2013

Dirk & Lubomir - your replies raise points I hadn't thought of and spark
some other random thoughts.

If Gettext is used for the translations, Qt also has an infrastructure for
handing the same (Qt Linguistic).  I don't know how they compare from a
translators PoV, but note the existence and acknowledge Dirk's link.

Subsurface use of pthreads  is pretty limited, unless I'm missing
something.  Grep pulled out only one or two lines last time I looked. Did I
miss a whole bunch of thread usage somewhere?

Someone in that second link makes a very good point about the dependency on
Qt itself and the impact on distributing the application.

If I set my own bias aside, it looks to me as though things are fairly
finely balanced in terms of resource and experience on the wider team.
 I'll watch Dirk's follow ups with interest.