Thought about a Qt port

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sat Mar 30 14:29:46 PDT 2013

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 2:25 PM, Alberto Mardegan
<mardy at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Given that subsurface isn't sharing its data with other applications, I
> don't see a strong reason to prefer using GConf (or GSettings) to
> ~/.config/subsurface.conf;

Yeah, absolutely no problem. GConf is a total failure, and has no
useful GUI tools to fix problems, so moving to an ini file is actually
better.

> however, we'd need to address the problem of
> migrating the existing user's configuration there (*if* it is a problem;
> maybe we can just apologize and ask the Linux users to reconfigure the
> app?).

We have so few configurables that it probably doesn't matter, and our
defaults are pretty sane.  I wouldn't worry about it.

           Linus