Galileo TriMix / IrDA

William Perry wmperry at gmail.com
Wed May 1 07:53:03 PDT 2013

I installed Ubuntu on a physical machine last night and it had absolutely
no problems reading the dives off of the computer using 'universal -b
smart' -- had to have irattach running to fully plumb everything, but
everything seems to download.  I will try throwing ubuntu on VirtualBox and
see if it has the same issues talking to the adapter.

Tried 3 different adapters down at the SCUBA shop yesterday to no avail -
they all used the mcs7780 chipset and none worked in the linux VM but all
worked in a Windows 7 VM.  Strange.

-bill