conversions.h?

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Wed May 1 15:16:20 PDT 2013

On quarta-feira, 1 de maio de 2013 15.08.18, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On quarta-feira, 1 de maio de 2013 15.00.21, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > > However, I have to confess I don't know how this happened to you. The
> > > master  branch Makefile includes .dep/*.dep. That does not match
> > > .dep/qt-ui/*.dep.
> >
> > I have the exact same issue when I switch from Qt to master... so I'm
> > sure you could reproduce this as well...
>
> I'm still at stage 1 in debugging:
> 	That can't happen
>
> http://plasmasturm.org/log/6debug/

Well, it's because it did not come from .deps/qt-ui/addcylinderdialog.o.dep.

It's coming from another file:
$ grep conversions.h .dep/*(.)
.dep/equipment.o.dep: /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdkkeysyms-compat.h divelist.h
conversions.h

And indeed, there's an include in equipment.c in the Qt branch:
$ git grep conversions\.h | cat
conversions.h: * conversions.h
equipment.c:#include "conversions.h"
qt-ui/addcylinderdialog.cpp:#include "../conversions.h"

Maybe we need the -MP option?

       -MP This option instructs CPP to add a phony target for each
           dependency other than the main file, causing each to depend on
           nothing.  These dummy rules work around errors make gives if you
           remove header files without updating the Makefile to match.

           This is typical output:

                   test.o: test.c test.h

                   test.h:

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358