binaries for testing

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Wed May 8 15:01:54 PDT 2013

On quarta-feira, 8 de maio de 2013 11.59.11, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> Yes - I mentioned earlier here and on IRC that the Brazilian Portuguese
> translation leaves a lot of room for improvement.

When I have time, I could look into that. Or Tomaz.

I currently plan on having free time sometime in June :-)

> > Same with Mac: it launched fine from the disk image. Unlike on Windows, it
> > started in English for me. I don't know what made it choose pt_BR on
> > Windows.
> My guess is that your Windows box is configured in Portuguese (I
> remember seeing that at some point) while your Mac is configured in
> English? Or this is one of the odd issues where the locale name on the
> Mac is different...

That was my Linux machine you saw. The Windows machine is configured to
English, except for date/time settings. I can't stand MM/dd/yyyy, so it's one
of the first things I changed. I guess that's where it came from.

I did the same configuration on the Mac, but the LC_* environment variables
don't change there. Doing that broke the Intel "Work week" application, which
constantly displays "WW0" for me now (developer says it does not support
dd/MM).

If I run the Qt QLocale unit test on that Mac, it's actually showing me a
failure:

FAIL!  : tst_QLocale::macDefaultLocale() Compared values are not the same
   Actual   (locale.dateFormat(QLocale::ShortFormat)): dd/MM/yy
   Expected (QString("M/d/yy")): M/d/yy

The test has a bad assumption: that the user will not change the date settings
without changing the language. This is a false negative: the actual date
format was correctly obtained from the Mac API.

Another improvement over Gtk then: the Gtk file dialog shows dates with
MM/dd/yyyy.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358