Shearwater Petrel import has wrong timestamp

Henrik Brautaset Aronsen subsurface at henrik.synth.no
Sat May 11 15:26:22 PDT 2013

Henrik Brautaset Aronsen wrote:
> I tried importing a couple of dives from the Petrel today.  Observations:
>
> - The imported dives are two hours wrong.  E.g. a dive is at 14:23 on
> the Petrel, but is imported as 16:23 in Subsurface.  Norway is in CEST
> (GMT+2) right now, that might have something to do with it.  There are
> no time zone settings on the Petrel.
>
> - I get a bluetooth timeout error on the Petrel when it tries to
> import the two test dives that came with the computer.
>
> - Otherwise, it works great.  It's *so* nice that Jef implemented the
> native support.  I tried and old libdc version first, and it was sloooow.

Oh, and:

- When I switch from Suunto HelO2 to Shearwater Petrel in the download
dialogue, it doesn't auto-fetch the device name for the Petrel.  The
Suunto device name stays.

- The Petrel doesn't show up in the device name editor.

- If I merge the dives from the HelO2 and the Petrel (after correcting
the Petrel's timestamp), it doesn't show up as a dive with two
divecomputers.  Only the Suunto profile is kept.

Henrik