Shearwater Petrel import has wrong timestamp

Henrik Brautaset Aronsen subsurface at henrik.synth.no
Sun May 12 08:15:11 PDT 2013

Dirk Hohndel wrote:

>>> That is totally bogus. This has worked for a very long time (and I have
>>> lots of dives with three or four divecomputers in my log).
>>>
>>> Could you start from an empty file, download from the HelO2 and then
>>> from the Petrel and verify this? And once you verified it, could you set
>>> a breakpoint in merge_dives() and figure out what's going wrong?
>> So, since the Petrel timestamps aren't correct when I download the
>> dives, the auto-merging doesn't happen.  What I tried to do was to set
>> the correct timestamp for the Petrel, select the two matching dives
>> and right-click ->  merge.
>
> That's not how I would do it. Edit the timestamps, then click
> 'autogroup' and if the two clocks are close enough, Subsurface should
> merge the dives correctly all by itself.
>
> Yep, tried that and it works perfectly.

Now I'm confused.  The "merge" feature doesn't merge dives, but the
"autogroup" feature does?  I thought autogroup was all about trip handling.

Anyway, I changed the topmost Petrel dive from 16:24 to 14:23 and ticked
off the autogroup menu entry.  Nothing happened.  Should I edit the XML
and reimport?

Henrik