new Windows installer for testing

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue May 14 06:19:05 PDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-05-14 at 15:02 +0200, Peter Konings wrote:
> Hi,
>

> tried it on windows 7:

Thank you... much appreciated...

> - installer works fine
>
> - downloading from a Suunto Zook works fine
>
> - importing a DLD file from divelogs.de works fine

Good.

> - dive info window:
> -- has a minimum size that's slightly higher than my netbooks' screen;
> not a real problem, just feels a bit clumsy

What's your vertical screen size? 600px? We redesigned this window to be
wider and not as tall, but with the tags it got taller again... How many
pixel too big? Maybe we can shed a few in spacing or something...

> -- location dropdown: shows previously used locations but sometimes
> there are multiple lines per location, like this:
> (Belgium, Ekeren / Muisbroek) or (Belgium, Ekeren / Muisbroek /)
>
> (Belgium, Ekeren / Muisbroek /) or (Belgium, Ekeren / Muisbroek)

So these are from merges (i.e., these are in your XML file). Once you
clean up your XML file it should be fine.

Of course there's the very related second question... why are those in
your XML file?

> sometimes there is just one line per location, but still with this
> strange notation:
> (The Netherlands, Oosterschelde / Ferry's Favourite) or (The
> Netherlands, Oosterschelde / Ferry's Favourite /)

Again, that just displays what's in your XML file. My guess is those
come from an import from some other divelog?

> - I feel it would be better to have the user manual available locally.

I don't know how to do that on Windows :-) :-)