DM4 import change

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Tue May 14 20:31:44 PDT 2013

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 4:41 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> Miika,
>
> please look at the change that I committed to master. The existing DM4
> import code was writing data directly into the dive that should go into
> the first divecomputer instead. Can you test with the data that you have
> that I got this right?

Looks as correct as before.

What currently bothers me is the timezones. Imported dives are currently 2
hours off for me. Rainer had a theory of how the times are stored, but my
data contradicts to his observations so a new sample would be needed. DM4
DB that is from different timezone than GMT+1 or GMT+2 and clear-text (or
screenshot) logs from the same dives displaying the real times. (DM4 help
window gives you full path to the DB, so it is rather easy to find.)

> Also - DM4 doesn't store any meandepth data? Surprising.

Haven't spotted anything like that in the database.

> Others with DM4 data, please test that the import is still correct...

+       if (data[3])
+               cur_dive->duration.seconds = atoi(data[3]);
        if (data[15])
-               cur_dive->duration.seconds = atoi(data[15]);
+               cur_dive->dc.duration.seconds = atoi(data[15]);

Should the data[3] go to cur_dive->dc.duration.seconds?

miika