yet another WIndows installer

Jef Driesen jefdriesen at telenet.be
Fri May 17 10:40:13 PDT 2013

On 17-05-13 15:52, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-05-17 at 06:53 +0300, Miika Turkia wrote:
>> I think I have hit this issue or similar a couple of times. My
>> Stinger's serial cable has a mind of its own and whenever the download
>> fails, I have to restart Subsurface for it to work again. (I have not
>> tried the canceling, but sounds like the bug might be the same.)
>
> I need to experiment with my Mosquito a little more and see if I can
> reproduce this.

I can reproduce this bug when canceling. Haven't tried with errors yet.

In the case of canceling, the reason is very simple. The cancel flag isn't reset
before retrying. So the first time libdivecomputer calls the cancel callback
during the second attempt, it will immediately abort with DC_STATUS_CANCELLED.
If I set import_thread_cancelled=0 in gdb, the retrying works again.

I suspect that in the case of an error, the problem is similar.

Jef