wishlist

Pedro Neves nevesdiver at gmail.com
Tue May 21 03:33:45 PDT 2013

Hi all:

I don't know if there's already a wishlist for Subsurface, but since I
didn't find any, I was wondering if it would be possible/feasible to add
a few features to this amazing program.

So far we have a logbook module, a dive planner module and the
statistics. I think it would be very useful to also have a dive analysis
module.

Distributing my wishes over the various modules, we could have:

Logbook:

- Tags: possibility to add user created tags (I would add "scientific",
"fun")

- Dive profile comparison (combining 2 or more profiles in one graph.
e.g. comparing our dive profile with the one(s) from our buddy(ies))

Diveplanner:

- VPM-B and Büelmann 86 (with and without GF) algorithms

- Comparison between different algorithms (possibility for the user to
compare the same dive plan using VPM and Büelmann algorithms)

Dive analysis:

- Check tissue tensions during the dive and compare it to its M-values
(results could be expressed as a table - like Decoplanner, or indicated
on the dive profile graph. Important information to display would be the
time where a given tissue tension is higher than a user-defined value,
e.g. 80%).

Now, not being a programmer myself, how can I contribute to this effort?
I can help writing documentation, translating it (and the software to
Portuguese), testing and also providing some reference info, if necessary.

Please let me know if these wishes are realistic and what can I do to
help your efforts.

All the best:

Pedro Neves