wishlist

Robert Helling helling at atdotde.de
Tue May 21 06:11:05 PDT 2013

On 21.05.2013, at 12:33, Pedro Neves <nevesdiver at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

> Distributing my wishes over the various modules, we could have:

Let me comment on some of these:

> Logbook:
>
> - Tags: possibility to add user created tags (I would add "scientific", "fun")

Sounds reasonable to me. Of course, having an inflation of different tags might make searching etc difficult.

> - Dive profile comparison (combining 2 or more profiles in one graph. e.g. comparing our dive profile with the one(s) from our buddy(ies))

You can currently compare the same dive downloaded from two different dive computers (iirc using the arrow keys). What would be the use case of superimposing different dives?

> Diveplanner:
>
> - VPM-B and Büelmann 86 (with and without GF) algorithms

We currently have Buehlmann and you can get rid of the gradient factors by setting both to 100%. VPM-B is on my long-time todo list as people keep asking for it. It's just that that algorithm is not very well documented (beyond the FORTRAN implementation and computer translations of that) and I don't think you get very different schedules than with GF's anyway, so it would just be for our curiosity.

> - Comparison between different algorithms (possibility for the user to compare the same dive plan using VPM and Büelmann algorithms)

Once we have more than one algorithm, that should of course be there. What we still don't have is the possibility to edit a plan once it has been entered. If that could be done, we could store different plans for the same dive (with different GF's say) as different dive computers for the same dive and compare them that way.

> Dive analysis:
>
> - Check tissue tensions during the dive and compare it to its M-values (results could be expressed as a table - like Decoplanner, or indicated on the dive profile graph. Important information to display would be the time where a given tissue tension is higher than a user-defined value, e.g. 80%).

That table would be very long. Do you think there is a use case for showing individual tissues rather than just the leading tissue? Regarding the 80% I am not quite sure what you mean: 80% of what exactly? If you mean "80% of the difference between the M-value and the ambient pressure" that is exactly what GF=80% means.

Best
Robert

                      Scientific Coordinator
print "Just another   Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm. B339
   stupid .sig\n";    http://www.atdotde.de