webservice dive matching?

Aurélien PRALONG aurelien.pralong at gmail.com
Tue May 21 09:06:59 PDT 2013

A few words, and history.

We already had a discution about how we should handle timezones in the
mailing list. The problem was that the companion needs a absolute time (so
timezones) to keep a coherent list. The conclusion was that in order to
have minimal changes in the web-service, the companion would consider every
server date as GMT, and send dates as GMT, to keep the whole thing coherent.

So it's not really a bug, but an expected behaviour (for me), even if I now
understand it breaks things in the desktop side.

How can we fix this ? The easiest way would be to add an optional timezone
field in the webservice, where I could add the timezone information for
later use.

Aurélien