wishlist

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue May 21 11:01:43 PDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-05-21 at 18:01 +0100, Pedro Neves wrote:
> Hi:
>
> On 2013-05-21 17:37, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > We have the tissue data. My first worry is always "how do we visualize
> > this without it turning into a mess". There are so many programs out
> > there that try to do too much at the same time and become unusable.
> > While I don't want to go all Apple on the users ("YOU ONLY WANT TO DO
> > THIS AND YOU ONLY WANT TO DO IT THIS WAY") I don't want to go to the
> > other extreme, either. Subsurface needs to stay easy to use for
> > beginners.
> We could have a new menu for dive analysis, a bit like what we have with
> the dive plan. It could have a window with the dive profile analysis or
> a table with the same data. I'll see if I can illustrate my views in a
> graphical way...

That would be great.

> > Last time I checked (a couple of days ago) only one or two pages were
> > translated to Brazilian Portuguese... I was wondering if you wanted to
> > add to that effory... honestly I don't know how far apart European
> > Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese are...
>
> Although Tomaz disagrees with me, both are quite similar ;-)

Ok, so they are either totally different or quite similar. I can work
with that.

> The major differences are on the accent (which doesn't apply to the
> written form). We also don't have two english or spanish versions of the
> website, do we?

Nor two German ones, even though we have a Swiss-German localization of
the application :-)

> If there are more Portuguese speaking users of Subsurface (and on the
> mailing list) I'd be very happy to read their views on this subject.
> But of course, I have no problem translating the website.

We have a few Portuguese speakers. I think the majority may be from
Bazil...

> I just need to know what is the best way to do it? Just save all the
> pages, translate them and send you the translated pages? Or is there any
> kind of tool to make it easier?

No, for the website I'd give you a login and a stern lecture not to mess
with anything else :-)

It's MUCH easier if you simply edit the posts/pages directly in
WordPress.