Temporary string data in Qt

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri May 24 06:26:20 PDT 2013

On Fri, 2013-05-24 at 14:54 +0300, Alberto Mardegan wrote:
> On 05/24/2013 01:47 PM, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen wrote:
> > Very nice, Alberto!
> >
> > You should post this as a patch, and just add everything in this mail in
> > the commit comment.
>
> Here it is. Please notice that I couldn't compile the code (my
> libmarble-dev is too old, I'll have to update it), so please check that
> it builds before applying. And maybe test it :-)

Built it, tested it, pushed it out.

Thanks for the explanation - that is EXACTLY what happened. I got random
corrupted data... throwing in qDebugs showed the data correct when I
evaluated it directly, but then wrong in the variable. At 11pm all I
could think of was "heck, strdup()" :-)

Oh, and please update your libmarble... we don't have enough people with
Qt skill building / looking at things. So we really need everyone to
pitch in. :-)

The progress that we have made with Tomaz writing 90% of the code (and
me messing up when I help - all the code that you fixed was mine) is
very impressive... but when we set out to do this we had half a dozen
volunteers and for a number of reasons all but one of them faded into
the background :-(

I fear we're going to burn out Tomaz...