having Marble find the right data files

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sat May 25 11:03:15 PDT 2013

On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 10:53 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> Have you played with the editing? That's another thing that I believe
> has come a LONG way.

So I still find the GUI elements *much* too big, and that messes with
editing for me. Particularly the equipment page. I'd argue that
editing a cylinder is actually harder with the new interface, because
you can't see all the information by default because it's so wide.

The "Dive notes" edit much better, but the lack of autocomplete makes
the dive buddy editing much less nice, and it absolutely destroys the
nice location editing with automatic gps fill-in that we used to have.

So I'm ambivalent. I see the advantage of the in-place editing from a
"it's much more obvious" standpoint, but it has some real
disadvantages too for now..

           Linus