MacPorts and the joy of dependencies

Robert Helling helling at atdotde.de
Mon May 27 05:31:44 PDT 2013

On 27.05.2013, at 09:51, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

Hi,

> Next task: building my own libmarble.

let me share my experiences:

git clone git://anongit.kde.org/marble ~/marble/sources
mkdir -p ~/marble/build
cd ~/marble/build
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DQTONLY=TRUE -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/
make

You should have gotten a version that does not force architecture i386 anymore (otherwise change that manually).

I had the compiler complain about a method invocation for "isnan" that it could't find. But s/isnan/std::isnan/g on the file solved that. Finally, I had to do

cp tests/TestTimeSpan.moc tests/TestTimeStamp.moc

to build. Then

make install

unfortunately only installs the application but not the libraries. It seems you have to copy those manually (.h files are distributed over several directories). At this point I stopped as Hendrik had figured out how to do it with MacPorts.

Best
Robert

                      Scientific Coordinator
print "Just another   Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm. B339
   stupid .sig\n";    http://www.atdotde.de