having Marble find the right data files

Sergey Starosek sergey.starosek at gmail.com
Tue May 28 03:44:31 PDT 2013

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 10:01 AM, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen
<subsurface at henrik.synth.no> wrote:

>> > Could we check through the list of installed themes
>> > (using MapThemeManager::mapThemeIds()) for
>> > "earth/googlesat/googlesat.dgml" and if it's there continue.
>> > Otherwise copy our googlesat.dgml to MarbleDirs::localPath()
>> > and delete it on exit.
>>
>> Yes, that seems like a good way to do it.
>
> Seems like a terrible way to do it IMHO.  Either we decide that we're using
> Google maps within its terms (and add the files with the installer) or we
> don't.  Removing the dgml on quit just seems sneaky.  Also, do we clear the
> cache on exit as well?  And what happens if I have two instances of
> Subsurface running at the same time?

I agree that this solution is not perfect, but for now there's no
other which complies with terms of use.

There're several method in MarbleModel related to cache management:
model()->setPersistentTileCacheLimit() and
model()->clearPersistentTileCache() but none of them work for me.

Sergey