The new tagging system is ready

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Nov 2 07:02:06 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-11-02 at 04:12 +0100, Maximilian Güntner wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I finished the implementation of the new tagging system. Subsurface now supports
> custom tags (provided by the user) as well as default tags (provided
> by Subsurface).
> You can now tag your dives however you want. Why not tag every dive
> with 'Special'
> during which you have seen something interesting?
>
> Here are two screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/WNTyC
>
> I hope you like it.

I really like it.

This is more or less the one missing piece that I was waiting for...

However, there are still a few minor issues:

- when it autocompletes tags for me, why can't I use cursor up down to
pick the completion and then enter to select it?
- the use of comma to separate tags seems rather unintuitive to me - but
maybe I'm weird. Do people really want tags with spaces in them? I think
it would be much more intuitive to have space separate tags. That way I
can type "boat photo fun" and get three tags for that...

I think I can be talked out of the second one, but the first one is
really important to me (as I tend to do a lot with just the keyboard -
ask Tomaz how much Linus and I tortured him to get the autocompletion
for the equipment right...

Anyway, I pushed it as is

Thanks for the great contribution!