Planning for a 3.9 beta

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Nov 2 08:46:55 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-11-02 at 16:29 +0100, Robert C. Helling wrote:
> On Nov 2, 2013, at 3:24 PM, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>

> > - test, test, test
>

> as I remarked on IRC: Since I upgraded my macs to Mavericks (10.8), I
> cannot build anymore since qt is not supporting that OS version, yet
> (at least last time I checked) and any change would have to propagate
> thru homebrew. To be more specific: I can compile but the result core
> dumps on startup somewhere in Marble trying to resolve some URL.

Well, Thiago was going to push for a Qt update that should fix those
issues.

Thiago, what's the status of that?

> I have not tried to run an old binary (or one build on an older version of Mac OSX). Any other opinions? Hendrik?

You should definitely be able to run older binaries. I'll try to find
time today to create a MAC dmg (it's a bit crazy around here - this
weekend my other three family members have their birthdays... and Sunday
I'm leaving on a trip...)

Maybe Thiago has one laying around?