Planning for a 3.9 beta

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Sat Nov 2 09:51:10 UTC 2013

On sábado, 2 de novembro de 2013 08:46:55, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > as I remarked on IRC: Since I upgraded my macs to Mavericks (10.8), I
> > cannot build anymore since qt is not supporting that OS version, yet
> > (at least last time I checked) and any change would have to propagate
> > thru homebrew. To be more specific: I can compile but the result core
> > dumps on startup somewhere in Marble trying to resolve some URL.
>
> Well, Thiago was going to push for a Qt update that should fix those
> issues.
>
> Thiago, what's the status of that?

Qt 4.8.6 is unlikely to happen before January. We don't have enough resources
in the Qt Project and surrounding companies to drive two releases
simultaneously.

I've asked the Mac experts there to at least start the fixes so people building
from sources (including Homebrew) would get back to work.

But it looks like people who upgraded to Mavericks have also got a broken
compiler. See https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-34499.

> > I have not tried to run an old binary (or one build on an older version of
> > Mac OSX). Any other opinions? Hendrik?
> You should definitely be able to run older binaries. I'll try to find
> time today to create a MAC dmg (it's a bit crazy around here - this
> weekend my other three family members have their birthdays... and Sunday
> I'm leaving on a trip...)
>
> Maybe Thiago has one laying around?

I still have this one built:

http://macieira.org/~thiago/Subsurface-3.1.dmg
Last-Modified: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 21:05:51 GMT

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358