Fwd: problemi di connessione Mares icon hd net ready

Jef Driesen jefdriesen at telenet.be
Mon Nov 4 00:12:40 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-03 18:09, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> Hmm - I'm not sure what would be the correct device for the Icon HD
> Net Ready on a Mac.
> I think this is one of the ones that are "full USB" devices. Linus has
> mine right now so I can't test on a Mac.
> Does anyone on the list happen to know?

On a Mac, the device node for the Icon HD is usually named
"/dev/tty.usbmodem01234561". On Linux it will be "/dev/ttyACMx"

The Icon HD interface is indeed a bit different from the others, because
it doesn't contain one of the common usb-serial chipsets (e.g. ftdi,
prolific, etc). Instead it implements the standardized USB CDC ACM
protocol. It doesn't need a vendor specific driver, because a CDC ACM
driver is already included in all major OS'es. (On Windows, you still
need a inf file to associate the VID/PID with the standard CDC ACM
driver.)

Jef