Divelogs.de integration

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Thu Nov 14 20:04:59 UTC 2013

On terça-feira, 12 de novembro de 2013 17:10:16, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On terça-feira, 12 de novembro de 2013 10:02:22, Benjamin wrote:
> > Should the Divelogs.de integration be working in the latest master branch?
> > Entering my details and then selecting the "Upload" button doesn't seem to
> > do anything, and the "Apply" button seems to be permanently greyed out.
> >
> > Is this something that is not yet implemented, or is it something that I
> > should rather  start poking to see what is wrong?
>
> No, I'll work on that in the next couple of days, now that I'm done with my
> presentations for the rest of 2013.

I've begun working on the web service integration now.

I've done a few updates to the service on api.hohndel.org. This part is ready.
The code is at:

  git://github.com/thiagomacieira/subsurface.git branch improve-subsurfaceweb

The part about divelogs.de is missing quite a bit. It looks like the support
for downloading from divelogs.de was never implemented in the old version.
I'll be happy to implement it, provided I can find documentation about their
XML response format for the request getting the dive list.

As for uploading, it requires some UI changes I'm not capable of doing, since
the upload is triggered from the dive list. So I'm adding a function that
takes a zip file and will do the upload. I'll leave to someone else to
integrate the functionality.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358