3.9 beta

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 01:25:27 UTC 2013

On 15 November 2013 01:43, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-11-15 at 00:24 +0200, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
>> a couple of odd things with the windows installer:
>> - the marble globe looks black with no terrain. perhaps it cannot find
>> the maps, yet there are in the local folder.
>
> Could be a networking issue (I had that happen to me), or could be
> something wrong in the paths that we expect the files to be.
>
> Any chance you can investigate this?

hm, just pulled master again and my local build shows the map, while
the beta installer doesn't.
so it doesn't look like a network issue.

globe.cpp uses:
subsurfaceDataPath = getSubsurfaceDataPath("marbledata");

and the windows installer has a folder named 'data' relative to the
exe, but if i rename that to 'marbledata' it still doesn't work.

the native build finds a relative 'marbledata' fine, perhaps this is
an issue related to cross building marble...i'm not sure.

>> - the icons for the tools in the dive profile are missing, it just
>> shows a couple of empty buttons.
>
> I though I added the folder with all the images to the .nsi.in file.
> Gotta check that.

these icons should be part of the resource:

profilegraphics.cpp
QAction *scaleAction = new QAction(QIcon(":scale"), tr("Scale"), this);
QAction *rulerAction = new QAction(QIcon(":ruler"), tr("Ruler"), this);

and subsurface.qrc:
<file alias="scale">icons/scale.svg</file>
<file alias="ruler">icons/ruler.svg</file>

so these icons should be in the folder while compiling the resource.
but if this is not the problem, then perhaps there is some sort of a
Qt issue when cross-building...

> Can you file a bug so it doesn't get lost?

ok, will do.

lubomir