Dive Merging Issues

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Sat Nov 16 14:22:53 UTC 2013

People,

I'v found one issue while trying to work on the list, to test if it was
broke or anything, and I got stuck on it all day long.  But it's like this:

open subsurface and load files dives/test23.xml && dives/test27.xml
merge dive 22 with dive 28

subsurface freezes.
I'v tracked it down to 'scene()->itemsBoundingRect()' taking too long,
and usually this means that we inserted a *lot* of crap in there,

some time later, it came back to life, and I had a dive with more than
11000 minutes.
I'm attaching a screenshoot:

So, what should I do on that regard? Dirk, Linus?

for me it seems impossible to have a dive this long, and I don't blame
subsurface for not dealing with all of the poligons created by this dive.

Good thing is that the dive list is not broken. :)

Tomaz