Divelogs.de integration

Rainer Mohr mail at divelogs.de
Sat Nov 16 15:12:55 UTC 2013

Hi Linus,

Am 16.11.13 20:35, schrieb Linus Torvalds:
> I suspect it's mostly theoretical, since most of the time you need to
> fly for the timezone to change appreciably. And if you fly in between
> dives, and you still have enough of a gas loading for it to be a
> noticeable issue for deco calculations, you're doing something really
> wrong.
And I think Diving Computers do not calculate your remaining saturation
based on the date and time you can manipulate yourself on the device.
They "know" how much saturation you have in the different tissues after
the dive and count this down for the time out of the water to add it to
the saturation for the following dive.

If you could "delete" this saturation by changing the date or forwaring
the time, they would have a serious security issue, which I do not think
they would risk. So the internal saturation cumputation should be
independent of the set time an date. You could try by doing a dive and
changing the date to two days later directly afterwards. if the no-fly
symbol disappears, they're doing it seriously wrong.

Rainer