Problems with png files and libpng 1.6.3

Benjamin nystire at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 03:54:54 UTC 2013

I had to upgrade libpng to 1.6.3 on my laptop, and when starting
subsurface, I was presented with the following:
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
 After using the pngfix tool on the 9 png files in the "icons" folder, I
still get the "libpng warning" message, but at least now subsurface runs.

Benjamin