Compiling problems on F20, diveplannner issue?

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Tue Nov 19 15:44:33 UTC 2013

On quarta-feira, 20 de novembro de 2013 00:32:19, yggdrasil at gmx.co.uk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just tried to update to the latest subsurface version and following
> the INSTALL instructions. libdivecomputer installs fine, but when
> compiling subsurface I get the error message:
>
> ,----
>
> | compiling qt-ui/diveplanner.cpp
> | qt-ui/diveplanner.cpp: In constructor
> | ‘DivePlannerWidget::DivePlannerWidget(QWidget*, Qt::WindowFlags)’:
> | qt-ui/diveplanner.cpp:944:17: error: no matching function for call to
> | ‘Ui::DivePlanner::setupUi(DivePlannerWidget* const)’|
> |   ui.setupUi(this);

Hello Johnny

Is that a clean build? Can you remove qt-ui/ui_diveplanner.h and recompile?

The compiler offered this alternative for setupUi:
qt-ui/ui_diveplanner.h:31:10: note: void Ui_DivePlanner::setupUi(QDialog*)

uic should not have generated QDialog there. The .ui file has this
 <widget class="QWidget" name="DivePlanner">

That means the setupUi function should have had a parameter of type QWidget*,
not QDialog.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358