subsurface V4 user manual implementation

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Wed Nov 20 03:46:17 UTC 2013

A few technical things about this. (In the make file?) one needs to see
that the user manual is translated into a format that subsurface can
read and that it is also in the right location. There are two issues
that need attention as far as the html back end is concerned.
1) asciidoc is not great at fonts and the current default font settings
are not fantastic. Looks like font settings are best done by specifying
an asciidoc  "theme". I obtained a theme called "compact" that (I think)
looks much better than the default, even though it is not perfect. So
one needs to use a --theme compact option in the translation.
2) The table of contents requires deeper layers than the default of 2,
so one needs a -a toc -a toclevels=4 option included in the translation
from asciidoc to html.

full translation that I do at the moment:
asciidoc -a toc -a toclevels=4 ==theme compact user-manual.txt

Attached is the compact.css file, needing to go to the
etc/asciidoc/themes/compact directory (at least that where it sits in my
machine)
The user-maual.txt file sits in subsurface/Documentation.
Please try this and give comment on the appearance.

Kind regards,
willemf