download from Uwatec 2G fails

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Thu Nov 21 04:16:11 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-21 10:13, Colin Schüle wrote:
> Unfortunately I have a Problem downloading the data from my Aladin 2G.
> It seems to work fine, I can choose the model 2G, the download starts
> and the progress bar goes correctly through without any failure
> warning... but after the progress bar finished, the dives don`t appear
> in the Logbook.

There is a new variant of the Aladin 2G, which has a different model
number than the original Aladin 2G. This new variant is only supported
in libdivecomputer version 0.4.2. If you try to download the new variant
using an older version, the downloading will succeed (because the
communication protocol hasn't changed), but the parsing will fail
(because the parser doesn't know about the new model number).

I think that's exactly what you are seeing here. The download succeeds
and the progress bar reaches 100%, but you get no dives in the logbook
because the parsing fails.

@Subsurface devs: Are parsing errors somehow silently ignored?

> I would be very glad to get a hint on how I could solve the problem.

You'll need to upgrade to the (not yet released) libdivecomputer v0.4.2.
If you are on Windows, you can try this pre-release build:

http://www.libdivecomputer.org/builds/divinglog/

BTW, I don't have much data from this new Aladin 2G variant. If you
don't mind, can you download and run the "smart" application, and then
send me the generated SMART.DMP and SMART.LOG files?

http://www.libdivecomputer.org/builds/windows/smart.exe

Jef