Uninitialized values and memory leaks

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 07:09:56 UTC 2013

On 2 October 2013 16:41, Patrick Valsecchi <patrick at thus.ch> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I ran subsurface with valgrind and it found a few errors. The leaks
> are mainly a one time thing, but I needed to fix them to reduce the
> noise and find the real bad leaks.

thanks for the patches,
perhaps tomaz will have to take a look at this one, as 95% of the code
you have modified is written by him.
removing application lifetime leaks is not that important, but doing
that can indeed reduce the SNR in memory debuggers, unless such
already support filtering of some kind...

> I've left one leak with a FIXME comment. This one is a bit tough. It would
> be way easier if the dive structures were using QString instead of char*.
> What is the plan with the GTK UI? If it is going to be dropped, I suggest to
> switch to QString, QList and QMap instead all all those C types.

the application "backend" and some C++ portions that link to it will
preferably remain in plain C.

> Please have a look at the patch in attachment (bigger than my previous
> ones).
>
> I think my next "mission" is to figure out why there is only the graph in
> the printouts when the screenshot [1] shows some text and a table with some
> data below them. Unless it's a known problem and somebody already works on
> that?

i'm working on that as we speak. the table under the profile is simply
missing at this point in the Qt build.
problem is that there are some merge conflicts between this patch and
my local changes.

my modifications affect models.*, modeldelegatates.*, print*.

lubomir