Shearwater Predator timezone handling

Robert C. Helling helling at atdotde.de
Thu Oct 3 12:47:30 UTC 2013

On Oct 2, 2013, at 9:05 PM, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

Hi,

> I have a Predator as well and am in Oregon and don't see this problem -
> so I wonder what's going wrong for you. I assume that the Predator shows
> the correct time on the display?

I spoke to James on IRC. My impression (from briefly looking at the libdivecomputer sources) is that the Predator returns a relative time rather than absolute time upon download. Then it seems, when this is turned into an absolute time it is wrt UTC rather than the local time zone on the host computer. Am I wrong?

Best
Robert
                      Scientific Coordinator
print "Just another   Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm. B339
    stupid .sig\n";   http://www.atdotde.de