compile error

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 10:26:03 UTC 2013

On 5 October 2013 20:07, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:
> -%.o: %.cpp $(UIC_HEADERS)
> +%.o: %.cpp
>
> Other part I had to do was due to old generated files. That was solved with
> some heavy cleaning:
> make distclean
> rm -rf *.dep .tx .uic
> find . -name ui_\*.h  -exec rm {} \+
>
> (I had to add the removal of au_*.h files on top of Henrik's clean-up
> instructions on another thread)

as mentioned in another thread the same does not work for me (after a
full cleanup).

i get a:
    CC uemis.c
    CC uemis-downloader.c
    CC libdivecomputer.c
    CC linux.c
g++ -Wall -g     -c -o qthelper.o qthelper.cpp
In file included from qthelper.cpp:1:0:
qthelper.h:4:21: fatal error: QMultiMap: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

which doesn't make much sense to me. it seems like a command line that
does not have the Qt includes and it does not come from the '%.o:
%.cpp" rule.

if i make the ".cpp->.o rule" to be:
%.o: %.cpp $(UIC_HEADERS)

then i also have to modify the $(TARGET) rule to have the $(UIC_HEADERS):
$(TARGET): gen_version_file $(UIC_HEADERS) $(ALL_OBJS) $(MSGOBJS) $(INFOPLIST)

which works, but .ui file changes do not trigger .cpp->.o recompile...

lubomir