compile error

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Sat Oct 5 11:12:54 UTC 2013

On sábado, 5 de outubro de 2013 10:45:14, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On sábado, 5 de outubro de 2013 09:17:56, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > To add dependencies, you need to do it separately. So you could do
> > something like
> >
> >   %.o: %.cpp
> >
> >         pattern-commands
> >
> >    cpp-files := $(wildcard *.cpp)
> >    $(cpp-files): $(UIC_HEADERS)
> >
> > as two different rules: the first one is the pattern that (re-)defines
> > the implicit rule in what make should do, and the second rule makes it
> > clear that all *.cpp files depend on the files listed in UIC_HEADERS.
> >
> > Does that get things working better for you guys?
>
> Ah, that helps. I can make a patch for this.

I could fix this part. That means I can make and remake.

But it doesn't rebuild as expected:

$ touch qt-ui/about.ui
$ gmake
gmake -C Documentation doc
    LINK subsurface
gmake[1]: Entering directory `/home/thiago/src/subsurface/Documentation'
gmake[1]: Nothing to be done for `doc'.
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/thiago/src/subsurface/Documentation'

It didn't rebuild the UI file as expected.

In any case, I have a bigger problem. After make clean, it doesn't work at
all:

[...]
    UIC qt-ui/about.ui
    UIC qt-ui/divecomputermanagementdialog.ui
    UIC qt-ui/diveplanner.ui
    UIC qt-ui/downloadfromdivecomputer.ui
    UIC qt-ui/maintab.ui
    UIC qt-ui/mainwindow.ui
    UIC qt-ui/preferences.ui
    UIC qt-ui/printoptions.ui
    UIC qt-ui/renumber.ui
    UIC qt-ui/subsurfacewebservices.ui
    UIC qt-ui/tableview.ui
gmake: *** No rule to make target `.uic/ui_tableview.h', needed by `qt-
ui/tableview.o'.  Stop.

But it's just rebuilt it! It must be the vpath thing I added.

I'm about to give up and convert our buildsystem to qmake.
      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358