Windows cross build

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Sun Oct 6 23:26:55 UTC 2013

On segunda-feira, 7 de outubro de 2013 04:06:45, Hohndel, Dirk wrote:
> Lubomir
>
> removing the glib dependency took away the helper functions that you
> used in windows.c to address the command line argument problem.
>
> Can you look at ways to do this without glib?

Qt provides a Windows command-line parser too. And if we switch to qmake, it
will be added too (it's a small static library).

> I just pushed a commit to master that allows me to cross build for
> Windows again, but I had to disable the utf8/utf16 code for that.

However, the qtmain parser does not handle filenames that can't be represented
on the Windows "ANSI" encoding. That requires writing Win32 code.

It's something I need to fix for Qt 5, but it's not very easy.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358