What happened to the profile?

Robert C. Helling helling at atdotde.de
Mon Oct 7 09:00:37 UTC 2013

On Oct 7, 2013, at 4:34 PM, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

Hi everyone,

> That seems like a reasonable approach.
>
> Except that atof_l doesn't appear to exist on Linux. Some googling seems
> to imply that this is a BSD-ism that hasn't made its way to Linux. So
> back to square 1...
>
> Thiago - I'm sure there is this brilliant easy to use Qt function that
> will solve all our problems, correct?

are we possibly over engineering this? Given that this is used to parse xml files, will we ever encounter anything more complex than

i.e. possibly a - sign then some digits then possibly a point and some more digits? For this a parser from scratch should be shorter than what we have at the moment. Of course, that would be locale agnostic (which seems to be what we need) and would not handle exponents, hex numbers, octals etc. But this should be enough, shouldn't it? And yes, who will ever need more than 640k RAM?

Robert
                      Scientific Coordinator
print "Just another   Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm. B339
    stupid .sig\n";   http://www.atdotde.de