What happened to the profile?

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Oct 7 09:43:40 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-10-07 at 09:23 +0200, Robert Helling wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was away for the weekend and could only see from a distance that a lot of work was done over the weekend that I did not follow closely.
>
> I only realize that after pulling the latest master I cannot build anymore. But probably some cleaning will do.
>
> What I find more disturbing is the following: I cloned a fresh version from the repo. That doesn't build either but complains about a type mismatch between dive.h and macos.c for subsurface_os_feature_available. I cannot spot any difference, but the function is not used anyhow and after commenting it out it compiles fine. But then the profile graph looks much more spiky. Here is a comparison
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/3fat0kws2isqzkc/Screenshot%202013-10-07%2009.18.23.png
>
> Below is a profile with the binary I compiled on Friday, above the current master. Of course both are showing the same file. Is this intentional?

So the compile issue should be fixed now - and with Henrik's
instructions a Mac build should be easy. I also pushed out Linus'
version of ascii_strtod and the other patches that were pending.

With all that, would you please try again and make sure things work? I
did some testing with German locale here but that was under Linux.

Thanks