qmake-based buildsystem

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Mon Oct 7 19:38:58 UTC 2013

On domingo, 6 de outubro de 2013 19:46:18, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> I've begun experimenting with a qmake-based buildsystem
>
> You can find it at http://github.com/thiagomacieira/subsurface.git
>
> This is highly experimental! The branch rebases and force pushes! You've
> been warned!
>
> The new BS does build Subsurface on Linux. I have no reason to doubt that it
> will build on Mac too. As for Windows, it remains to be seen, it probably
> just works with a proper cross-compiler and a cross-pkg-config. Native
> Windows building should work if you have pkg-config.exe, which I doubt
> anyone does.
>
> I've also implemented installation rules for Linux. Install rules for Mac
> and Windows are pending.
>
> I haven't implemented the install rules for translations yet. This is
> pending a decision on whether we're switching from Gettext .mo to Linguist
> .qm files, which also changes the buildsystem.

I've made some progress today and I rebased the branch.

I've also managed to build on Mac and Linux, including a cross-build to
Windows. I wasn't able to compile Marble on Windows, so I'll just copy the
DLLs for it and libxml2, libxslt, libusbx there.

The application loaded fine on Mac. I haven't tried the Windows one yet because
the machine is in the office (and I can't convince wine to find the DLLs).

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358