qmake-based buildsystem

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Mon Oct 7 20:15:50 UTC 2013

On segunda-feira, 7 de outubro de 2013 20:01:23, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> To this effect... Thiago, would you post a quick one or two paragraphs
> how this is supposed to work? Most folks aren't on IRC...

>From the commit, which I'll add to the README eventually:

    This is working for me, but requires a bit more testing. To build,
    run:
      qmake [options]

    Where options might be:
      V=1               disable "silent" build
      LIBDCDEVEL=1      use side-by-side libdivecomputer
      INCLUDEPATH+=xxx  add -Ixxx (e.g.,
INCLUDEPATH+=/usr/local/marble/include)
      LIBS+=xxx         add xxx to the linker flags (e.g. LIBS+=-
L/usr/local/marble/lib)
      or any other qmake option, including debug and release options

    This new buildsystem does not look for libdivecomputer in
    /usr/local. You must either pass LIBDCDEVEL=1 or libdivecomputer will
    need to be found via pkg-config.

    If your distribution is already using qtchooser in place of qmake, you
    may need to pass an extra option to qmake to select the a
    cross-build. For example:

      qmake -qt=i686-w64-mingw32-qt4

    If your distribution is not yet using qtchooser, then you need to file
    a bug report requesting it and you need to run the full path to qmake.

On Linux, "make install" will install to $(prefix). You can change that in the
make command-line.

On Mac, "make install" will first run "make mac-deploy" which populates
Subsurface.app, then it will copy Subsurface.app to /Application. There's also
"make mac-create-dmg".

On Windows (incl. cross-compilation). "make install" will just copy a bunch of
files to packaging/windows.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358