qmake-based buildsystem

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 02:04:02 UTC 2013

On 8 October 2013 06:15, Thiago Macieira <thiago at macieira.org> wrote:
> On segunda-feira, 7 de outubro de 2013 20:01:23, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>> To this effect... Thiago, would you post a quick one or two paragraphs
>> how this is supposed to work? Most folks aren't on IRC...
>
> From the commit, which I'll add to the README eventually:
>
>     This is working for me, but requires a bit more testing. To build,
>     run:
>       qmake [options]
>
>     Where options might be:
>       V=1               disable "silent" build
>       LIBDCDEVEL=1      use side-by-side libdivecomputer
>       INCLUDEPATH+=xxx  add -Ixxx (e.g.,
> INCLUDEPATH+=/usr/local/marble/include)
>       LIBS+=xxx         add xxx to the linker flags (e.g. LIBS+=-
> L/usr/local/marble/lib)
>       or any other qmake option, including debug and release options
>
>     This new buildsystem does not look for libdivecomputer in
>     /usr/local. You must either pass LIBDCDEVEL=1 or libdivecomputer will
>     need to be found via pkg-config.
>
>     If your distribution is already using qtchooser in place of qmake, you
>     may need to pass an extra option to qmake to select the a
>     cross-build. For example:
>
>       qmake -qt=i686-w64-mingw32-qt4
>
>     If your distribution is not yet using qtchooser, then you need to file
>     a bug report requesting it and you need to run the full path to qmake.
>
> On Linux, "make install" will install to $(prefix). You can change that in the
> make command-line.
>
> On Mac, "make install" will first run "make mac-deploy" which populates
> Subsurface.app, then it will copy Subsurface.app to /Application. There's also
> "make mac-create-dmg".
>
> On Windows (incl. cross-compilation). "make install" will just copy a bunch of
> files to packaging/windows.

compiles fine for me on linux. i basically tried doing the same thing
last night and qmake pretty much _just worked_ with a few additions.

and now i can try helping the build on native windows. first have to
install Qt 4.x and hopefully the marble people provide mingw libraries
files and headers for their marblewidget.dll that i saw in their
windows desktop package. if not, perhaps someone could zip them up for
me from the cross build packages...

BTW is true that Qt6 will no longer use qmake?
i read this in a qmake bug report page.

lubomir